With the summer months quickly upon us, National Home Improvement Month comes at a perfect time. For help accomplishing any of your home repairs or improvements in May, why not call Handyman Connection who can get the work done in a timely fashion and on your budget! If you are not entirely sure of what should get done in May, Handyman Connection has created a list that should almost get done yearly to ensure your home is valued.
- Address potential moisture problems Water stained walls are almost always a bigger issue that results in damaged drywall or toxic mold. Get this fixed quickly and you will save thousands on repairs.
- Fix leaky faucets Replace a leaky faucet and not only stop the annoying drip but save 750 gallons of water!
- Painting May temperatures are often ideal to paint the exterior of your house and not only will it refresh and increase the value on your home, it will also protect it at the same time.
- Reinstall weather stripping This can help reduce the amount of air leaks into your home which will potentially save you an average of $80 on air conditioning alone!
- Repair Deck The last thing you want is to have one of your guests fall through your deck in the middle of a summer BBQ party! Repairing or replacing your boards can help to ensure the part isn’t ruined.
- Repair damaged window or door frames To keep out seasonal moisture which causes toxic mold, replace any broken door and window frames to help seal your home better.
- Clean out gutters Winter deposits many debris into your gutters which can cause water damage costing you well over $10,000. Clean these quick for prevention.
Now that you have an idea of what kind of repairs need to get done almost yearly, why not call Handyman Connection during National Home Improvement Month! There is no snow on the ground and the summer heat hasn’t hit us just yet which is what makes May the perfect month to improve your house!